Saturday, September 15, 2012

Feminist Thought

Ever since I heard of something called a feminist or womanist, I knew that was something I wanted to be. I wanted to burn my bra in protest like the women on T.V. I wanted to stand for something and not stand alone. I wanted to join a sit-in/rally or march for equal rights. As a younger woman I knew I had much to offer. I believed in my voice and still do. I believe that all women need to be heard. This is not a movement about bashing men. It is about abolishing sexism and empowering women. Sexism has existed since the dawn of time and is often perpetuated by both men and women. So this is an effort to raise consciousness of both genders. The first goal of the feminist is to create stronger bonds between fellow women. There is much truth in the phrase that "sisterhood is powerful". But we as women need to stop judging and ostracizing one another. We all fall victim to the issue of male domination and thus all have a story to share and cause to stop it. Fact of the matter is, everyone can be a part of the feminist movement and in doing so we end sexism, classism and racism. Help to raise the consciousnesses!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment