Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Side Effects of 22

It is somewhere at that bridge of ages between 20 and 27 that one is trapped between the past and future while the present is all but a blur. Almost lost it feels like. It is at this time that life is moving so fast that we miss the sign saying "now entering adult territory". We are somehow trapped between childish habits while at the same time doing very adult things like paying bills and signing for loans. So I find myself at the very threshold to life without a clue of my next step. And this I find odd because in all my 22 years on earth, 12 years of grade school and 4 years of college I feel much like everyone else is saying, asking and urging that by now I should have some sort of direction for my life. In the very fact that I don't, I find this very liberating, because now I am free to choose, to explore to attempt at things I never tried before. And maybe, just maybe this is the universe telling me to pursue my interests and maybe eventually someone will pay me for what I like doing.

Black Love & Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment