Saturday, November 3, 2012

Natural or Relaxed?


Argument: the harsh chemicals in relaxers can potentially damage your hair and scalp

Rebuttals: relaxers if done in the proper time help tame coarse hair

1. Go natural for a cause not as a fad. Don't go natural just to be trendy do it for the health and well being if your hair.
2. Know your hair type! If you've been relying on a relaxer every 4-6 weeks its not going to be easy to make such a big transition.
3. Your hair can still be healthy with a relaxer. The trick is to know how often to get them.

I used to get my hair relaxed every 6 weeks faithfully but when I changed stylists I learned that with the right products and regular visits I could stretch out the time between relaxers. Now I'm at every 12 weeks and pretty soon I'll be at one year!

Realize that going natural takes a lot of work, time, Effort And money. If you're up for the challenge I applaud You. Find the right products that work for your type of hair, research types of styles . And no matter what your hair situation is, always keep a good scarf, wig/weave/tracks and hat in your arsenal for those days when your hair doesn't come out exactly the way it's expected. And realize that your hair is your hair and you are the one that must rock it everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment