Sunday, December 2, 2012

New Poem: Somewhat Unfinished

I've always got bits and pieces of poems in my mind
Scattered pieces of poems that never quite made itself into a full work
But I still claim them as one line Lycrial pieces of genus
At 1:00am on a Thursday night I come up with things like

The truth about love is simply that it doesn't exist at all
Or
Time like. Men is a concept I've never been able to put a fixed handle on
It escapes me
Either moving too fast or too slow
Or sometimes it the wrong time
And baby we just ran out of time but I want you here for all times

Or

Can u be my muse?
I wanna be inspired by your passion
Taken a back by your endeavors
Excited by your enthusiasm
Impressed by your knowledge

I'll be ya Lena Horne, Josephine baker, Billie holiday, Etta james and
I'll sing you a beautiful ballad of through poetry
Let the whispers of my words touch your ears with enticement
Or I'll be the activist Angela Davis asanta shaqour

The moments are beautiful
But the memories,
They last forever

No comments:

Post a Comment