Friday, December 14, 2012

Problematic Music videos Part. 1

FUTURE FT. KELLY ROWLAND - Neva End (Remix) lyrics

After getting over Future's horrible vocals in his latest song "Neva End" featuring Kelly Rowland, the video and lyrics are quite displeasing! The images and romantic relationship that the video promotes continues the long trail of on & off relationships found among many black couples.

A romantic relationship among many other things is about give and take, respect, love and commitment. But in Future's latest video it appears that whatever the man decides to do in a relationship is okay because "ride or die chic" will put up with anything. Which includes him stepping out of the relationship with or with out her knowledge because according to the chorus "You got all the questions and I know all the answers". "You" being the woman with all the questions and her male counterpart, all the answers.

So if we take the song apart in the first verse Future declares that's as long as his money stays long and he keeps giving her that "good lovin" she'll always be dependent on him "Long as I’m swimmin’ in Benjamins, you shop with no limited You’ll see reminisce every session, know you’ll come back again I know you can’t breathe without me, you gon’ need the oxygen I damn near gave you an overdose, on my own medicine".

Next verse, Kelly's bridge she found out that he was cheating and even tho he made her so mad, she stays because she still loves him and continues to come back!? "You showed your true colors I can’t believe you played me/ I let you meet my mother!/ Oh, you hung out with my brother, my significant other/ you know I still love you, oh baby/ Oh boy, you make me so mad, but I come right back".

My question is why? Why are women continually going back to men who treat them bad repeatedly? One key factor is the images portrayed in the media when other black women in music and movies find no fault even set the tone to stay in bad relationships. Black women are the most beautiful creatures on the planet and women in general are the most hard working so why subject yourselves to a man that cannot respect your worth?



No comments:

Post a Comment